The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Ven. Ichinohe’s Visit to the Jogye Order Headquarters

Page information

Author Jogye On13-07-17 10:30 Views15,833 Comments0

Body

Ven. Ichinohe’s Visit to the Jogye Order Headquarters

On April 25, 2013, Ven. Ichinohe Shoko, a Japanese peace activist from the Japanese Sotozen Order, made a courtesy visit to Ven. Jaseung, the President of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism. Ven. Jaseung stated,

Thank you for taking time to visit us. It was a show of strength for you to publish the book, ‘The Journal of Joseon Invasion and its Repentance.’ We greatly appreciate your courage.

Ven. Ichinohe responded,

Not much research is being conducted on the Japanese colonial era in Japan, particularly within the Buddhist community. I believed there was not enough being communicated...Although the right-wing Japanese are making their attacks on the book, I have no fear. I live in the thought that Buddha is with me at all times.

Ven. Ichinohe’s book, ‘The Journal of Joseon Invasion and the Repentance” was published on April 24, 2013. It gives evidence of how the Japanese Buddhism supported Korean invasion during the Japanese colonial era of Korea. A stele has been erected from the “Tragedy letter” announced by the Sotozen Order in Dongguk-saTemple, GunsanCity in September 2012.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED