Ven. Jaseung Becomes New Chairperson of Korean Religious Leaders Association > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Ven. Jaseung Becomes New Chairperson of Korean Religious Leaders Association

Page information

Author Jogye On11-03-14 10:26 Views14,936 Comments0

Body

Ven. Jaseung became the new chairperson of the Korean Religious Leaders Association by unanimous decision announced at the board of directors meeting on March 9.

In the midst of the current situation of religious conflict (which occurred after the inauguration on the current government administration), Ven. Jaseung said that he will take charge in the movement for religious harmony. He also said, “I will make efforts to help resolve religious conflict. I will consider this position as a call to service. I will do the best I can.”

In this directors meeting, Gil Ja-yeon the President of the Korean Christian Solidarity became a member of the board of directors. In addition, a pilgrimage to experience each other’s religions was also discussed. In attendance were six directors: Ven. Jaseung representing Buddhism, Gil Ja-yeon for Christianity, Kim Hee-jung for Catholicism, Kim Ju-won for Won Buddhism, Choi Geun-deok for Confucianism, and Im Un-gil for the Religion of the Heavenly Way. In addition to these six religions, the Korean Native Religion is the religion represented in the Korean Religious Leaders Association.

For the mutual benefit and harmony of the diverse religions, the association holds symposiums, religious festivals, and pilgrimages to foreign holy lands for religious leaders.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED