23rd Korea-China-Japan Buddhist Goodwill Conference to Resume after 3-Year Hiatus > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | 23rd Korea-China-Japan Buddhist Goodwill Conference to Resume after 3-Year Hiatus

Page information

Author Jogye On23-05-01 13:13 Views1,472 Comments0

Body

After a 3-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Korea-China-Japan Buddhist Goodwill Conference will be held from Nov. 6 to 8 at and around Bongeunsa Temple in Seoul.

The Korea Buddhist Order Association, the Buddhist Association of China, and the Japan-China-Korea International Buddhist Exchange Association held a preliminary conference on Apr. 25 at the Josun Hotel Seoul, and settled on a theme and program. On that day, Buddhist delegates from the three countries chose the theme, “Buddhism’s Role in the Coexistence of Humanity,” and the subtheme, “Buddhism’s Roles for Three Nations to Propagate Buddha-dharma in the Era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.” During the November conference, a dharma assembly to pray for world peace will be held, and in the international academic session, each country will give a keynote presentation and presentations on the conference’s theme. In addition, a joint declaration will be issued.

In April’s preliminary conference, the President of the Korean delegates, Ven. Dogak (Secretary General of the Korea Buddhist Order Association, and vice president of the Gwaneum Order) said, “During the global coronavirus pandemic, international interactions were put on hold, and consequently, exchange events between Korea, China, and Japan were also suspended, but we have maintained a spirit of solidarity intact. I hope all delegates from our three counties can meet and interact meaningfully in the main conference to be held this November.”

President of the Chinese delegates, Ven. Ming sheng (President of the Buddhist Association of China, and spiritual patriarch of Guangxiao Temple, Guangzhou) said, “I am filled with emotion to have a discussion about how to develop and honor the precious friendship between the delegates of Korea, China and Japan after our 3-years hiatus. I look forward to developing our friendly relations based on the Buddhist spirit.”

President of the Japanese delegates, Ven. Take Kakucho (Chairman of the Japan-China-Korea International Buddhist Exchange Association) said, “We gather here again today after 3 years due to the pandemic. I pray the upcoming conference to be held in fall in Korea can be a meaningful platform for all concerned.”

On Apr. 25, before the preliminary conference began, the Chinese delegates paid a courtesy visit to Ven. President Jinwoo of the Jogye Order and shared a pleasant conversation.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED