Kit for Lotus Lantern Making > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Kit for Lotus Lantern Making

Page information

Author Jogye On08-04-24 18:08 Views30,028 Comments2

Body

The Lotus grows spotlessly and fragrantly out of the mud into the world of light symbolizing Boddhisatva in Buddhism.
Lotus Lantern is very characteristic in Korea and the miniature type of the lantern has been loved as the gift or interior use.

1.  Twist one end of each paper lotus petal with some glue into a tip.

2.   Make holes both side of the cup. Make a handle with string or wire.

3.  Use thin paste for the petals, and apply an appropriate amount to the bottom of each petal as you apply it, one at a time, to the paper cup. Start below the top of the paper cup but make sure that the first row of petals is high enough to hide the top of the paper cup. Work your way around the cup until the row is complete.

4. Start the second row of petals below the first, and make sure that the tips of the second row petals cover the bottom of the row above. Add one more row, but leave the last row on the bottom for green petals.(Total 4 row)

5.  Paste the bottom row of green petals with the tips reaching downward. (opposite side of pink petals)

Comment list

JogyeComments

Jogye On

I like to create Lotus Lantern for Buddha Birthday, I want to know which type of paper are used for making Lotus Lantern & please infirm me the paper pattern name. Actually i am searching this type of paper in India for making Lotus Lantern but this paper or Lotus petals are not available. Please guide me & inform me how i get this Lotus petals using online or offline. Please Please...

JogyeComments

Jogye On

I like to create Lotus Lantern for Buddha Birthday, I want to know which type of paper are used for making Lotus Lantern & please inform me the paper pattern name. Actually i am searching this type of paper in India for making Lotus Lantern but this paper or Lotus petals are not available. Please guide me & inform me how i get this Lotus petals using online or offline. Please Please...

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED