Chinese Ambassador Zhang Xinsen Visits Ven. Jaseung > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Chinese Ambassador Zhang Xinsen Visits Ven. Jaseung

Page information

Author Jogye On10-07-18 23:58 Views15,064 Comments0

Body

Chinese Ambassador Zhang Xinsen visited Ven. Jaseung, the head of the Jogye Order on July 5 and discussed mostly the cultural exchange between the Chinese and Korean Buddhist communities.

Ambassador Zhang Xinsen said, “We were able to recover quickly from the Chinghai earthquakes, thanks in part to the help given by the Korean Buddhist community.” He continued, “It’s a great pleasure to meet Ven. Jaseung, the head of the Jogye Order. He has worked hard for the cultural exchange between the Korean and Chinese Buddhist communities. I extend a big welcome to Ven. Jaseung to the China, Korea, Japan Conference later this year in China..”

After congratulating the ambassador for his appointment, which was in March of this year, Ven. Jaseung said, “I hope for the development of the exchange between the Chinese and Korean Buddhist communities. I will attend the China, Korea, Japan Conference in October. I hope during your term the glow of cultural exchange between China and Korea will grow strong.”

Ambassador Zhang expressed great interest in Korean Buddhism and said he was very impressed after visiting Bulguksa Temple in Gyeongju. The ambassador said he wanted to invite Ven. Jaseung to his residence for a meal. Ven. Jaseung replied that he would adjust his schedule and attend the meal.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED