The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Hwaeom Multipurpose Center Opens in Cambodia

Page information

Author Jogye On10-08-05 15:13 Views15,207 Comments0

Body

Picture:

Hwaeom Multipurpose Center opens to serve as the Cambodian people’s center for education, culture, and welfare. The completion ceremony took place at the BWC Children’s Center in Siem Reap with Ven. Seongkwan, chairperson of Lotus World and Ven. Seongjik, representative from Jogye Order’s Hwaeom Association on July 20.

Hwaeom Multipurpose Center opens to serve as the Cambodian people’s center for education, culture, and welfare. The completion ceremony took place at the BWC Children’s Center in Siem Reap with Ven. Seongkwan, chairperson of Lotus World and Ven. Seongjik, representative from Jogye Order’s Hwaeom Association on July 20. Jogye Order head, Ven. Jaseung and many high monks attended the ceremony with over 500 in total attendance.

Ven. Seongkwan, chairperson of Lotus World said in his speech, “The Hwaeom Multipurpose Center will be used as a children’s education center, social welfare center for local citizens, a medical clinic, and for other diverse ways and purposes. This is possible due to many people’s generous support, encouragement, and funding.”

Ven. Seongjik, the representative of the Hwaeom Association, which supported the construction of the center, said, “The Hwaeom Association will do our best to work with Lotus World to ensure that the nurturing and education of children and the medical treatment will operate safely and excellently.”

Ven. Jaseung, who returned to Cambodia after attending the groundbreaking ceremony in July of last year, said, “I believe the Hwaeom Multipurpose Center will contribute to development of Cambodia’s society and welfare. Representing the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism, I will offer whatever support so that BWC will strengthen the friendship between our two nations and the Buddhist cultural exchange will actively continue.”

An official from the Siem Reap province said during the ceremony, “I’m very grateful for the Korean Buddhist community’s support. I believe the Hwaeom Multipurpose Center will contribute greatly to the strengthening of the friendly ties between Korea and Cambodia.”

During the ceremony, the Hwaeom Association also donated $30,000 USD to Lotus World. After the ceremony, there was a banquet held at a restaurant in Siem Reap City.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED