The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Most Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh Visits the Jogye Order

Page information

Author Jogye On13-07-17 10:45 Views16,796 Comments0

Body

Most Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh Visits the Jogye Order

<Photo> Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh presented a calligraphy work of ‘Peace is every breath.’ Most Ven. Jaseung, the President of the Jogye Order, gifted Baru, a traditional Korean monastic meal-set.

Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh has visited Venerable Jaseung, the Head of Administration of Jogye Order, before a press conference on May 2, 2013.
Venerable Jaseung stated,
Thank you for visiting the Jogye order. We visited Paris to promote Korean Buddhism, Ganhwaseon and Temple Food in 2011, but we did not get a chance to see you due to a schedule conflict. Please have a nice visit in Korea and may good health be with you always.
Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh said,
I visited the Administrative Headquarters of Jogye Order and various monasteries ten years ago, sharing the joy of practice with many. Though this is a fifteen-day visit, I feel at home rather than visiting a foreign country. I am very happy to be back.
Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh, considered a living Buddha along with His Holiness Dalai Lama, visited Korea again since the visits in 1995 and 2003. A series of meditation programs and dharma talks at various venues, including Woljeong-sa Temple in Gangwon-do, Beomeo-sa Temple in Busan and Jamsil Stadium in Seoul were made available from May 1-15, 2013.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED