New Year's Message Exchange between South and North Korean Buddhists > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | New Year's Message Exchange between South and North Korean Buddhists

Page information

Author Jogye On16-01-07 14:28 Views16,916 Comments0

Body

2016 New Year's Message Exchange between South and North Korean Buddhists

The Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism and the Joseon Buddhist Federation of North Korea exchanged the New Year's greeting on Wednesday, 30, December 2015.

The Jogye Order's headquarter sent a letter of Ven. Jaseung, the President of the Jogye Order and the Office for the Promotion of National Unity, to Mr. Surin Kang, the Chairman of the Joseon Buddhist Federation of North Korea, which also sent a letter of Chairman Kang to Ven. Jaseung.

For reference, Ven. Jaseung and Chairman Kang had 3 meetings in 2015. The first was at the Inter-Korean Buddhist Leaders' Summit that took place in Simyang China on March, the second was at the 8th Buddhist Ceremony in Shingyesa Temple in Mt. Geumgang on October, and the third was at the Inter-Korean Religious Meeting held in Mt. Geumgang on November.

---  Letter From South To North ------------------------------------------------------------  

To. Chairman Surin Kang,
The Central Committee of the Joseon Buddhist Federation of North Korea

On behalf of the South Korean Buddhist community, I would like to convey the New Year's greeting to all the members in the North Korean Buddhist Federation.

2015 was such a meaningful and fruitful year as we could strengthen solidarity and cooperation among the Buddhists in South and North Koreas. Let's continue to put forth our efforts with one accord for a more active exchange and stronger ties among the two Koreas. This will also contribute to the national harmony and reconciliation.

I pray the blessings of the Buddha be always with Chairman Kang and all the members in the Buddhist Federation. May you all stay healthy and peaceful in the New Year.

Jan. 1. 2016 (2560 in the Buddhist Era)

Ven. Jaseung,

The President of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism

-- Letter From North to South -----------------------------------------------------------------

To. Ven. Jaseung,

The President of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism in South Korea

On behalf of the North Korean Buddhist community, I would like to send my warm wishes of fraternity to Ven. Jaseung and all the members in the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism on the New Year's Day.

2015 was a very meaningful year because it was the 70th year since the national independence and the 15th year since the adoption of the June 15th North-South Joint Declaration. It was the year when we reaffirmed each other's strong will towards the reunification and witnessed the activities of solidarity and exchange between the two Koreas' Buddhist groups.

I believe that the anticipation and attention for the reunification would be more heightened in 2016 across the Korean peninsula and this will propel the inter-Korean Buddhists exchanges. I am sure that all would contribute to the national reconciliation, improvement of the inter-Korean relationship and the execution of the June 15th North-South Joint Declaration.

May Ven. Jaseung and all the members stay healthy and blessed for all that you endeavor in the New Year.

Dec. 30. 2015 (2559 in the Buddhist Era)

Chairman Surin Kang

The Central Committee of the Joseon Buddhist Federation of North Korea

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED