New Year’s Address by Ven. Wonhaeng, the President of Jogye Order, in the Buddhist Era 2563 (2019) > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | New Year’s Address by Ven. Wonhaeng, the President of Jogye Order, in the Buddhist Era 2563 (2019)

Page information

Author Jogye On19-01-04 13:56 Views6,354 Comments0

Body

95f2b458be36c387758af32ca1e04a18_1546577784_5196.bmp 

The Year of Golden Pig has dawned. I pray that the households and workplaces of all our citizens would be filled with bright and healthy spirit.

Let us share fortune and virtue with our neighbors through practicing compassion in our daily life. We should not forget that Buddha’s dharma and justice are great and eternal, and therefore we should continue our zealous practice while treating ourselves and our neighbors precious.

Buddha has taught that all things change within the condition of dependent origination where each elements are interconnected. Today’s life is the result of the deeds stemming from the vows of yesterday. This is the reason why we should live an always-awakened life.

Pig is a symbol of diligence, faithfulness, fortune and wealth. We shall make a more prosperous world and help our neighbors who are less privileged.

Especially, we shall form a more harmonious world by lessening the burden and pain of the youth and befriending those neglected in our society. Furthermore, I hope that North and South Korea would build peace on the Korean Peninsula to commemorate the 100th anniversary of March 1st Movement. I pray that all our citizens would open the door to the bright new year with positive spirit and warm relationships.

On the First Day of the New Year in the Buddhist Era 2563

Ven. Wonhaeng, the President of Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED