A Letter of Deep Condolence for the Innocent Victims of the Virginia Tech > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | A Letter of Deep Condolence for the Innocent Victims of the Virginia Tech

Page information

Author Jogye On07-04-19 10:21 Views17,131 Comments0

Body

A Letter of Deep Condolence for the Innocent Victims of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)

I want to express my deepest condolence for the innocent victims of the shooting accident on April 18 at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) . I sincerely pray for their rebirth in the Land of Utmost Bliss. I also wish to extend my deep condolence to the family of the innocent victims, the people who were injured in the accident, and to the grief stricken citizens of the United States.

Let us take this horrible accident as a grave lessen to establish some kind of drastic measure to prevent such horrible tragedy. We are all brothers and sisters of common humanity of the world. Let us all pray for quick recovery of the people from the sad nightmare.

Let us also take this tragedy as a good lesson to reflect upon ourselves on the degradation of moral and social ethics on the sacred life of all creations. Let us vow again for the love and compassion of the brotherhood of all humanity and build the peaceful world on this earth.

Once again, I extend my deepest condolence on behalf of the Korean Buddhism for the innocent victims, the believed family, and the citizens of the United States with a sincere pray for the heavenly bliss of the victims.

April 18, 2007

Cordially with palms joined
Ven. Jigwan
Executive Director of Administration
The Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED