Dharma Speech by Most Ven. Jungbong Seongpa to mark the end of B.E 2568 Summer Retreat > Jogye Order News

The body of the shortcut

Jogye Order News Jogye Order News
Jogye Order News

English | Dharma Speech by Most Ven. Jungbong Seongpa to mark the end of B.E 2568 Summer Retreat

Page information

Author Jogye On24-08-30 11:01 Views599 Comments0

Body

36b93843731636b1c5fb6d24c7bee337_1724983291_7537.jpg
Precious Mirror Lake's clean water soaks the Saha World!

Jungbong Seongpa 

Patriarch of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism

Life is like a dream, like a floating cloud.

All means of living have been lost, and kinship ties are severed.

With just one pair of clear and pure eyes,

I smile and watch the endless flow of people passing by.

Monks and nuns, leaving the mountain gate as the summer retreat ends! 

Although the summer was indeed hot, the meditation hall remained cool, and the crape myrtles around the Nine Dragon Pond bloomed even more red. It was all due to the blessings of the Buddhas and Patriarchs, generosity of donors, and the earnest hearts of the meditators practicing the six principles of harmony. 

The timely conditions have arrived; the water gathered in Precious Mirror Lake embraces the Vulture Peak and spreads the fragrance of the mountain to the world. If village people ask about the Vulture Peak, one could say, “In the Vulture Peak, the vast Precious Mirror Lake reveals itself in endless scenery, naturally clean and bright.”

All the monks and nuns who have completed the three-month summer retreat have attained a precious mirror. Now your every movement of walking, staying, sitting and lying is in accordance with the Dharma. Your speech, silence, movement and stillness serve as an example and is a beacon of hope for the world.

In the morning, I eat porridge; before the noon, I eat rice,

When thirsty, I call the attendant to bring a cup of tea.

Outside the gate, the sun sets and the mountains grow silent,

The moon shines by the window, and the white clouds scatter away.

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED