Writings of Korean Seon Masters | The Whole World Is a Single Flower

Page information

Author admin On05-12-06 18:13 Views17,613 Comments0

Body

2034394388_n0dLgtyR_.jpg
More unanswerable questions from Korea, June 21, 2005
Reviewer: Paul Lynch - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   

Wow, I can’t believe that no one has ever reviewed this book; the reviews must have been lost in cyberspace. What can I say about a book that I refer to everyday since its release in 2000? I am deeply indebted to Zen Master Seung Sahn (Sŭngsan) for his life long commitment to spreading the Dharma, I miss his physical presence deeply. This collection of Kongans (Japanese: Koans) is a gift that has allowed me to slowly come to terms with my own delusions. My teacher, Zen Master Robert Moore, as with many of the other dharma heirs of Zen Master Seung Sahn, uses this collection to teach their Zen students. Contained in its pages are many interesting kongans that have come from everyday life, and as a living, breathing document, it allows us a glimpse of our own true nature.
To some it may be just a collection of Zen stories; however, the questions following each of the stories become foundational to understanding your true self. If you haven’t read `The Whole World is a Single Flower,’ order it today and you won’t be sorry. Even if you have never practiced Korean Chogye Zen Buddhism, you may find that these new kongans can challenge even a seasoned student of Zen Buddhism. It is with humbleness and gratitude that I highly recommend this book.

Customer Review from amazon.com

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED