Resources Korean Zen
Korean Zen

Seon Poem | Meditation Song

Page information

Author Jogye On15-10-08 11:05 Views10,996 Comments0

Body

Meditation Song  

by Ven. Gyeong-heo

When we speak of practicing, there are many ways to do it. Let me select and write them down in brief. Sitting,standing, watching, listening, wearing clothing, eating and talking with people, at every place and every moment, who is it that clearly perceives all of these things?

My flesh is just a corpse, and all agonies are inheritently empty. My inherent Buddha is able to see, hear, sit, rest, sleep, walk and travel around for ten thousand miles in the blink of an eye. My inherent mind has wondrous powers and is clearly connected to everything. Waht does it look like?

You should think about this question deeply, like a cat hunts for a rat, a starving person looks for food, a thirsty person for water, and a 60 or 70 year-old widow misses her children desperately after losing them. Do not forget these questions seven for a single thought-moment, and rigorously search for the answers, so that you feel as if one thought-moment is like ten thousand years have passed. When thus you start to forget eating and sleeping, then you are close to enlightenment!

(03144) 55, Ujeongguk-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of KoreaTEL : +82-2-2011-1830FAX: +82-2-735-0614E-MAIL: jokb@buddhism.or.kr
COPYRIGHT ⒞ 2023 JOGYE ORDER OF KOREAN BUDDHISM. ALL RIGHT RESERVED